Congregation Bayt Shalom
P.O. Box 2713
Greenville, North Carolina 27836
Dear Prospective Member,
Welcome to the Congregation Bayt Shalom (CBS). We are your connection to Judaism and the Jewish community in eastern North Carolina and look forward to welcoming you to our family. Although small, we are an active congregation with meaningful worship services, a vibrant religious school, stimulating adult education programs, a lively Sisterhood and Men’s Club, social activities, and a commitment to tikkun olam.
Members are valued and if you like to get involved, there are plenty of opportunities to join committees, participate in volunteer programs, or even host a Shabbat Oneg. Just let us know if you are interested. We welcome you to enjoy the many benefits membership brings including:
- Friday night worship and monthly Saturday morning Shabbat services
- Availability of our Rabbi for life-cycle events and counseling
- Voting rights: all Jewish members have a voice in synagogue policy and leadership.
- Jewish Educational and Social Programming
- Belonging to our synagogue family and sharing Simchahs with synagogue friends as well as receiving support from our synagogue community in times of need.
- Discounted tickets to the annual Community Passover Seder
- Members in good standing may enroll their children in the congregation’s religious school, which prepares young people for Bar Mitzvah and Bat Mitzvah.
To learn more about services, social events or education opportunities, contact the Rabbi or the appropriate committee chair listed in the “About Us” section of this site.
Although it is customary in many synagogues, we do not charge for seats during the High Holidays and congregational dues are the primary source of synagogue funds. Dues can be paid on a monthly or annual basis and we do not refuse membership if unable to pay the full membership amount. If you would like to discuss adjusted dues or religious school scholarships, please contact our Treasurer, Leah Grubb (252-525-8567) or firstname.lastname@example.org. All financial matters are held in the strictest confidence.
By joining the synagogue, you ensure that we can maintain our synagogue building, support our rabbi, and continue growing Jewish life in eastern North Carolina. As Rabbi Hillel taught “If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?” (Pirkei Avot 1:14)
Please mail your membership application and Annual Dues Commitment Statement as soon as possible to our Treasurer at: Congregation Bayt Shalom, PO Box 2713, Greenville, NC 27836 or email the completed form to email@example.com and use the donate button below to pay dues.
We are pleased to welcome you to the community.
Carol Woodruff, CBS Board President
Carol Rados, Membership Chair